Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Networth Update

Unfortunately my networth has been rather stagnant for the last couple of months. I did close on my house, which ups my cash reserves, but I am waiting on about $4000 worth of reimbursements which is why the credit card balance is high for June. I do pay it off every month, so there is no interest accruing.

I have decided to put the proceeds from the sale of my condo into a high-yield CD. Boston gal posted about this CD from AllyBank that pays 3% interest and has only a 2 month penalty for early withdrawal. See her post here.

This CD is a good option for TD and I since we aren't sure when we will want the money for a down payment and since the market is still so volatile. We are thinking of renting for a few years in FL before buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment