Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Healthy food for busy folks

Given our busy lives, I find that one of the best ways to get TD and I to eat more fruits and veggies is to be sure that things are prepped and ready to go in the fridge. This also help to ensure that the veggies I buy at the store get eaten before they spoil. Each evening when we come home, veggies for each meal can be quickly steamed or tossed into whatever is cooking.

When I come home from the grocery store, part of putting groceries away is to wash and chop fruits and veggies. Since I read this article in the NY Times, I've also started marinating some of the veggies with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne.

Here's what we have on board this week: strawberries, zucchini, red bell peppers, green beans, and broccoli (not shown).

No comments:

Post a Comment