Sunday, February 13, 2011

Granola Bars

I have been happily eating oatmeal with fruit most mornings, but I normally am not hungry until a couple of hours after I wake up. So having something I can pack and eat at work is helpful for getting me into my office before lunchtime.

I decided to try these Oat bars from Gourmet with the following changes - 1 c pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and 1/2 c pecans, cinnamon instead of nutmeg, and 1/2 blueberries 1/2 cranberries. I cooked mine longer than the recipe indicated (about 35 minutes) until they were pretty dark - I think this helped them stick together. Next time I might try reducing the sugar to make them a bit healthier. These were easy and tasty and I would definitely make again - the texture is like a chewy granola bar - yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment