Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fro-Yo

Since we got Prairie my activity level has about doubled - walks twice a day, throwing the ball for an hour at the dog park, etc. I think my body has noticed because I have been craving carb heavy foods and eating lots of ice cream.

Now I am a fan of everything in moderation and I had been eating each bowl with a serving of fruit, but ice cream is full of sugar and saturated fat and not exactly a healthy option.

Enter this delicious frozen yogurt. Easy, healthy and delicious!

I followed this recipe from Heidi Swanson of 101Cookbooks. It was so easy - a large container of whole milk yogurt, 1/2 c fructose and a generous dose of Mexican Vanilla. I wouldn't change a thing - though next time I'll make it with Greek Yogurt (which is already strained) and save myself a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment