Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu monday

So happy to have found Ward's Grocery store - reminds me a tiny bit of the Davis Food Co-op, but not nearly as big. There are some wonky things about it and it can be crowded. However, the produce is AWESOME and that is the most important thing.
HUGE bag of collards for $3 and local, non homogenized milk. I will be attempting to preserve these collards following this method.

Yay for bulk spices and pantry staples.

I can't get enough of delicious red grapefruit....mmm!

So what's on the menu this week?
Monday: Teriyaki Tofu with roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes
Tuesday: White chicken chili made without sour cream
Wednesday: Potato soup
Thursday: Broccolli and red pepper fritatta
Friday - Sunday: leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. You are on top of things and your mom is a slacker. I just went to CM after tennis this evening and found a meal in a sack for your F.E. dad and myself. Forget about knowing what to have tomorrow evening! I totally admire your planning ahead and the healthy menus you have developed to prepare solo. I admit I'd probably be headed to the fast-food land if I didn't have F.E. dad to consider.

    ReplyDelete