Monday, May 2, 2011

Cornbread pan

One of my favorite things about meals at my grandmother's house is the guarantee of  fresh, homemade bread. And her cornbread sticks are legendary - crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside.

My mom (I think) gave me a cast iron corn stick pan - despite repeated seasoning attempts (including reseasoning by my mom) it has never performed satisfactorily. The cornbread always sticks and it is difficult to clean so I don't often use it.

Recently my grandmother gifted me with a cast aluminum, teflon coated corn stick pan. I made a large batch of cornbread and had a chance to test the two pans. We have a winner!

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking all over for this kind of pan! I hate having my corn sticks fall apart in that cast iron thing! Where did you purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask where your grandmother purchased it!

    ReplyDelete