Friday, May 13, 2011

Venison stir fry

I made this up with what I had in the fridge/freezer but it turned out really good. I marinated some venison round steaks in roughly equal parts soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and sriracha and quickly grilled them (3 minutes) in a very hot grill pan. I have this pan and I love it!

While the venison was resting, I sauted some cabbage with a splash of soy sauce and sesame oil. I didn't stir too frequently and used a very hot pan which gave a nice combination of crunchy and caramelized.

Once the cabbage was done, I sliced the venison, tossed them together with some scallion and was done. I ate mine with out rice, but rice would be good - especially if you serve with a little extra sauce. This was sort of made up, but I would definitely make again. The strong spices are great for the venison (and would be yummy with cheaper cuts of beef too).

No comments:

Post a Comment