Thursday, June 21, 2012

(Paleo) Zucchini Brownies

I can't really get on with the Paleo/Primal eating thing. I mean, I am all for low carb, no white stuff - we eat about 1 meal PER WEEK that has potatoes/corn tortillas/whole wheat pasta - the rest is just meat, eggs, veggies and beans. We've also drastically cut down on fruit - we each eat about 1 serving per day.

But those beans? I love them. And lowfat milk? yogurt? cheese? love those too. So paleo eating isn't really for us.

But! These brownies are GREAT! (Although I make them with peanut butter so they aren't really paleo anyway). I bake them in a 9x 9 pan and cut them into 25 squares. They are pretty moist, so I store them in the fridge.

Better Paleo Zucchini Brownies (adapted from Fast Paleo)


1 c nut butter (I used peanut)
1 c zucchini shredded/grated
1 egg
1/3 c sweetener (the recipe calls for honey, next time I'll use brown sugar)
1/4 c cocoa powder
1 T vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg

Stir all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. Bake in a greased 9x9 or 8x8 pan for 25-30 minutes. 

Nutrition Info: Calories: 86, Carbs: 7, Fat: 5, Protein: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment