Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Monday

Now that the job and wedding are behind me, I can devote a little more energy to cooking. Spring and summer are my favorite times of year for cooking because of all of the fresh produce available. In reality, spring and summer produce is a LONG way off here in New England, but it still puts me in the mood. This week I need to figure out what to do with the 2 lbs of pork belly I have in my freezer--Time to use everything up! Here's whats on the plate for this week (going back to the weekend). 

Saturday: Linguini with shrimp, tomatoes and garlic with steamed broccoli (recipe below)
Sunday: Venison and barley stew with green beans
Monday: Fritatta with smoked turkey, broccoli, and feta
Tuesday: work event for me, TD will have ravioli with marinara
Wednesday: Black bean soup with cornbread
Thursday: Pasta carbonara
Friday: Sausage wraps, baked sweet potatoes, green beans

Linguini with shrimp, tomatoes, and garlic
Prepare 1 lb linguini according to directions. 

Rough chop 1 lb tomatoes
1/2 lb shrimp with shells (rinsed, frozen is fine)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 T parsley minced
red pepper flakes to taste

In a large skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil, when garlic begins to turn color, add shrimp and pasta water to barely cover. Simmer shrimp on low for 3 minutes or until they begin to turn pink. Add tomatoes and heat through. Once tomatoes begin to simmer, add parsely and pepper flakes. Toss sauce with drained noodles. Serve with grated parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment