Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The wedding!

Well, its almost here. TD and I have been engaged for 18 months, and our wedding is finally here. We are beyond excited about seeing all of our friends and family, in our hometown.

We leave tomorrow--the weather is supposed to be perfect, all the details and set and we are ready to celebrate!


In the beginning, one of the best decisions we made was to hire a wedding planner. I was very uneasy at the thought of the expense--almost 10% of our wedding budget--but she has save us at least $2000 by negotiating lower prices, finding us deals, etc.

But the biggest part is that these last few weeks have been so nutty, that I would have been pulling my hair out and screaming at everyone. Instead I have focused on my interviews, TD has been writing his dissertation, and we've both enjoyed the little free time that we have. Meanwhile our planner has been behind the scenes checking everything to make sure that it will all go off without a hitch.

I feel totally confident, relaxed and happy. And that is priceless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment