Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mini-series (indulgent summer TV watching)

Lately I've been loving some BBC miniseries on Netflix. Sadly, they don't have the best miniseries ever available on instant streaming but I have found several new good ones. Although given that Netflix is doubling its rates, we may be canceling and going for Hulu plus Amazon Instant.

My favorite so far is Downton Abbey. Its set on the eve of World War I. Its worth watching for the interiors alone. Bonus - season 2 will be available soon.
Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey (Original UK Unedited Edition)

Another goodie was North & South. Somewhat similar story to P & P, but enjoyable.
North & South


I really enjoyed Daniel Deronda - a George Eliot book I haven't read. The heroine reminded me of Middlemarch - not exactly the most sympathetic. Will have to read it once I am done with Middlemarch.

Daniel Deronda


The Way We Live Now is an Anthony Trollope book. The show was pretty over the top - dramatic music and the like - and was my least favorite.
The Way We Live Now

What's up next? 

Kennedy: The Complete Series

Bleak House (A Dickens novel I've never heard of...)
Bleak House (Special Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment