Sunday, July 31, 2011

too many books

We have a funny built in book case/display shelves next to the fire place. This area is directly at one end of the dining table and it looked sort of strange, as it only had 3 shelves for a 7 foot area - and the shelves are pretty narrow (they are made of 2" by 8"s).

I have tried a couple of different arrangements and was never happy with it. You can see what they looked like before here. I decided to get some new shelves cut and paint the whole thing white.

I am very happy with the results!

And now all of my cookbooks are next to the TV which is a better place for them since most are pretty wide. I LOVE cookbooks. My favorite gift to receive for sure! (TD's first present to me was a beautiful cookbook called Texas on the Plate & I knew he was a keeper!)

Sorry for the poor quality cell phone  pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment