Thursday, July 28, 2011

Out with the old and in with the new

I have been trying to go through my clothes with a careful eye, getting rid of stuff that doesn't fit, is worn out, but mostly just doesn't go with my life/style/job.

I also recently read this post  from LPC at Privilege on dressing for academia. And while scientists (and biologists in particular) tend to be more informal, I did get several good ideas. Namely, I should focus on basic dark colors to mix and match.

So out with the old and in with the new. (notice a pattern here? everything is purple/fuchsia)


I also found a new swim suit at old navy - I was really impressed with the quality - the fabric (fully lined on top and bottom) was as nice as any of my JCrew suits (my usual brand).

I also rounded up some pastels (LPC says no to these and I realized there was a reason I hadn't been wearing them) and some shoes that I no longer wear to donate.

Add in a few button downs and a blazer or two (like this charcoal linen one) and hopefully no one will mistake me for a student (its only happened once so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment