Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to TD!

Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® HeadphonesToday is TD's birthday. We aren't huge celebration folks, but I wanted this year to be a good one for him. I gave him his present a little early so he could take it with him on his trip to CA. TD has wanted these Bose headphones for a loooong time. I like the idea of them for sure, I mean who wouldn't want to cancel out background noise? But for $300? Give me a break; I'll put in some earplugs. But I caved in and got these for TD as a surprise (he knows I think such things are a bit ridiculous) and he was super excited. And they actually do work.

But since I've already given him his present, what do we do on the big day? Well, I had to run some errands over the weekend and I was able to pick up some little things that I could wrap so that he will at least have something to open up. These are all pretty goofy, but I think he will enjoy them--peach salsa from TX, Chocolove milk chocolate bar, goofy fake teeth, a back support for driving, and his favorite face wash which he has been out of for a week. Sometimes its the little things...(especially considering that his mother hasn't yet sent a card...I'll leave that one at that for now!) Plus I made this sign, on a spare piece of cardboard. I haven't done anything like this since I was ___(in high school?)___ but it was kinda fun and a good way to procrastinate the work stuff I should have been doing!

Because TD got in really late on Monday night, we will sleep in and have brunch here before heading into work. And there is carrot cake. I'll post the recipe later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment