Friday, March 12, 2010

What not to wear

for a faculty interview?
Answer: Anything skin-tight, revealing, too fancy, too casual, too fashionable, open-toed, uncomfortable, ill-fitting.

What TO wear? Its a bit unclear. I will be walking around campus and meeting with people from 8-8 including breakfast, lunch and dinner. The university is fairly casual and the weather is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70s. I have to meet with lots of people and give a seminar, so all shirts that show any sort of armpit sweat are out (french blue silk shirt, I'm looking atcha!).

I sort of feel like I should wear a suit, given that its a job interview. But, I work in a casual discipline, its going to be warm, and I'm not comfortable in a suit--never worn one.

The advice I have gotten from a female faculty member is to wear slacks and a nice top. Done and done. For my seminar I'll be wearing a J Crew silk boatneck blouse with lt. blue trousers. On day 2 I'll be wearing a button down and chinos.

And not wearing a suit means I get to wear my new clogs. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment